When it comes to trails, there’s no place like home. Michigan offers more than 13,000 miles of designated state-managed trails, plus thousands of miles of local, county and federally managed trails and pathways.
This fall, celebrate your favorite kind of trail – the deep-in-the-woods ORV two-track, the quiet horse-friendly trail, maybe even a serene water route – during Michigan Trails Week Sept. 17-24.
Whether you prefer to bike, run, hike, ride or paddle these beautiful trails, consider ways to make the most of Michigan Trails Week (and a fall filled with fabulous outdoor exploration):
- Invite a friend or family member to join you.
- Bring your favorite four-legged friend along for the adventure.
- Try a new-to-you trail.
- Take time to really notice the sights and scents around you – and how amazing it is to call the Great Lakes State home (or your home away from home if you’re visiting).
- Pack a trash bag along with your water bottle (need to stay hydrated!) and pick up litter along the way.
- Make a day of it and bring a picnic lunch or visit a locally owned restaurant for mid- or post-activity food and drink.
Learn more about routes to check out in the U.P. on www.mi-trale.org